More than 1 Billion People know who is Pratibha Patil. People Know her because She was a former President of India. But 99.8% People Don’t Know about her past as well as her Work during President Tenure. Let’s Discuss About it.
Pratibha Patil Background:
She was born on 19 December 1934 in the village of Nandgaon, in the Jalgaon district of Maharashtra, India. She was educated initially at R. R. Vidyalaya, Jalgaon, and subsequently was awarded a master’s degree in Political Science and Economics by Mooljee Jetha College, Jalgaon (then under Pune University), and then a Bachelor of Law degree by Government Law College, Mumbai. Patil then began to practice law at the Jalgaon District Court, while also taking interest in social issues such as improving the conditions faced by Indian women.
Patil married Devisingh Ransingh Shekhawat on 7 July 1965. The couple have a daughter and a son, Raosaheb Shekhawat, who is also a politician.
Key Info Before She Became President of India in 2007 – 2012
Some really great replies in here. However, we all might be tempted to know how and why in the place she went on to become India’s first and worst women President; among other things:
- Chit-Fund Scam: Indira Gandhi was so impressed with Pratibha Patil’s cooking skills that she gifted her the license to open Chit-Funds across Amravati. Pratibha Patil & Family started the loot by siphoning out lakhs of rupees of poor farmers in the name of brighter and secure future by opening fraudulent savings institutions across Amravati and Akola. If rumors are to be believed, there is NOT a single family, in that region, which Pratibha Patil & Family have not looted.
- Tsunami Relief Scam: Pratibha Patil, along with her brother GN Patil, collected 1,89,105 rupees for the Tsunami Relief to be given to Chief Minister’s Relief Fund but did NOT deposit it to the said account.
- Pratibha Patil Felicitation Scam: In 2004, brother GN Patil, with backing from Pratibha Patil, as a nominated President of District Congress Committee collected substantial amount on pretext of felicitating his sister Pratibha Patil on her appointment as Governor of Rajasthan. However, he did NOT give any account of the money that was collected.
- Sports Non-Supporter: A former table-tennis champion, Pratibha Patil did NOTHING to encourage sports in India. Unlike her predecessor, APJ Abdul Kalam, who actively traveled and gave lectures on science throughout India. The least she could have done was encourage table tennis in schools.
- Vishram Patil Murder Case: Pratibha Patil is accused of shielding her brother, G. N. Patil in the murder of Vishram Patil case. In 2005, Vishram Patil defeated G. N. Patil, by 13 votes, in an election to be the President of the District Congress Committee of Jalgaon. Patil was murdered near his house in broad daylight.
- Mulshi Land Scam: With Pratibha Patil at the helm, her Pune-based daughter Jyoti Rathore was allotted commercially attractive plots of land by the Maharashtra government for her trusts. The two plots with high commercial potential were allotted in village Jambhe in Mulshi taluka, within five km off the Mumbai-Pune expressway and the IT park at Hinjewadi. Rathore’s Maharashtra Mahila Udyam Trust had to pay just Rs 6.72 lakh to the government for the 7.93 hectare plot with an estimated market value of Rs 19 crore.
- Who’s 1 Crore is it anyway: In February, president Patil’s son and Congress MLA Raosaheb Shekhawat was interrogated by the Amravati police in connection with the seizure of Rs 1 crore in hard currency from a car coming from Nagpur. The money was hidden in the luggage compartment of the car. Shekhawat explained it as “party funds” meant for distribution to poor Congress candidates ahead of the civic polls on 16 February.
Key Info During Her Presidency Period.
What she did during her Presidency Period is listed below.
- Use Government Funds For Foreign Trips with her grandchildrens. Not For Diplomacy with Foreign Diplomats But To Enjoy Her Life And For FUN. Total 22 Trips made by her during her Presidency and Spent $40 Million (200 Crore Rupee) Tax Payer’s Hard Earned Money On FUN! . She Traveled in India as well , Seemed on Beaches more than Meeting common people.
- As a parting gift to the nation, Patil pardoned over 35 convicts on a death row – with no real justification. These included a few brutal child rapists ( Peaceful Community)
- She has allegedly misused Indian government’s money to build a mansion on a 260,000 sq.ft plot, in a land belonging to war widows. This act (of using government money to build a retirement home post-Presidency) was unprecedented.
- Most importantly, during her Presidency of 5 years, she has precisely done nothing. In contrast, her predecessor Dr. Kalam was widely respected and took bold political moves to keep the government on track.
- She did a self-appraisal and announced 300% Salary hike for herself as well as vice-president.